Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The College of Fine and Performing Arts invites applications for a temporary .75 time classified position reporting directly to the Manager of Marketing and Special Events. |
With a high degree of independence, this position is responsible for creating and distributing communication to diverse constituencies through inspired web and print content design, multimedia materials, email marketing, social media, and print and electronic publications. This position will assist the Manager of Marketing and Special Events in developing and implementing strategic communication plans for the College of Fine and Performing Arts.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 350 hours of employment.
|About the College/Department: The College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) is comprised of the departments of Theatre and Dance, Music, Design, and Art, as well as the Western Gallery and the Outdoor Sculpture Collection. Housed in six buildings, the CFPA features five performance spaces - including a Performing Arts Center overlooking Bellingham Bay - the Western Gallery, two student operated galleries, and an internationally acclaimed outdoor sculpture collection.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Design layouts and assist with creating content for print and electronic communication, including websites, which maintain a consistent marketing message for the College and departments
- Support the departments and programs through creating advertisements, posters, email marketing, and programs for their events
- Proactively monitor and update websites on the departmental and College level to ensure accurate and timely information, as well as creative and engaging content
- Develop content for websites when necessary
- Design and produce special graphic projects such as publications, brochures, posters, signs, web-based materials, educational information, logos, advertisements, maps, videos, slideshows, and other illustrative materials
- Assist in developing comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for special events associated with the CFPA, including the annual Masked Ball fundraiser and alumni events through the Back 2 Bellingham weekend
- Ensure compliance with design standards, logo usage and University branding requirements
- Assist with the coordination of a variety of writing, editing, and publicity functions for College events, including press releases, newspaper, radio/television advertising copy, program notes, and narrative portions of brochures and flyers
- Serve as a liaison between the College, departments and programs, and Office of University Communications to assist with coordination and distribution of publicity materials
- Accomplish typographic compositions, conversions and manipulations of photographs and illustrations
- Produce and edit multimedia content
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Required Qualifications: |
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all required qualifications and please specifically address them in your cover letter/resume
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2 years of equivalent employment experience
- Experience in designing high quality imagery for web and print using Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the printing process, including pre-flight packaging and press checks
- Experience creating content and design for websites using HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Drupal, and Java Script
- Proven success working on tight deadlines to design and distribute comprehensive marketing and communications materials
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to accuracy and details while managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse range of clients
- Experience developing and producing multimedia-marketing pieces, including video, audio and interactive content
- Experience with photography and image manipulation software
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience working within an arts organization
- Experience working within a higher education setting
- Experience creating marketing materials for the arts
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Bargaining Union: PTE|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In addition, you will need to attach (or give internet address) a representative portfolio including examples of both web and print design. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 12/21/2012|
|Closing Date Notes: Position is open until filled|
|Recruitment #: 120982|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.