Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: This position is a primary component of Western's Student Employment program. Informing students on employment opportunities and job search processes is an essential part of the Program Coordinator responsibilities. The Program Coordinator provides in-depth financial aid technical assistance in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulatory policy to students to determine work study eligibility and adjust work study and other financial aid funding. The Program Coordinator also serves as a liaison to both on-campus and off-campus supervisors of student employees. The Program Coordinator serves as the key person in coordinating office procedures and practices. |
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: Student Employment Office, Department of Financial Aid
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Provide information to students, employers, faculty, and staff about student employment policies and procedures, financial aid programs, employment opportunities, basic job search techniques, and general affirmative action guidelines
- For each pay period review earnings and financial aid reports. Independently resolve earnings conflicts between departmentally funded and work study programs
- Use system reports to monitor for compliance of student employment policies
- Process Electronic Personnel Action forms for the work study and Distinguished Student Employment Program
- Ensure job listings are complete, comprehensive and clearly written
- Using MS Access, MS Excel, Banner Population Selection, Millennium FAST or other data report writing software tools, assist with retrieval of data from the Banner and Millennium FAST tables to respond to statistical and informational reporting requests
- Provide technical direction to students and off campus employers regarding policies, procedures, and regulations of off-campus work study programs
- Provides one-on-one technical assistance to students, their families and others regarding financial aid eligibility, application procedures, and budget development in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulatory policies
- Act as Records Coordinator for all Student Employment Office records
- Develop and maintain a disaster preparedness plan for office staff and data. Ensure that office data is securely backed-up and a restore procedure is in place
- Maintain written policies and procedures for area of responsibility including office procedures and Banner system procedures
- Maintain a waiting list of eligible students requesting work-study
- Communicate student employment program policies and procedures to students, faculty, staff, and employers via public speaking venues
- Participate in departmental and division staff meetings and training workshops
- Available for occasional evening or weekend work to perform student employment workshops and presentations
|Required Qualifications: |
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Two years experience in employment program specialties (including articulating program policies and procedures), OR financial aid program specialties, OR office management OR equivalent education/experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and reconcile numerical data to provide management information reports.
- Proficient with office productivity software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Ability to manage multiple priority tasks through to completion.
- Ability to contribute positively to a team-oriented environment.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Bachelor Degree.
- Experience in an employment service related position.
- Public speaking experience.
- Knowledge of payroll or similar earnings program or activity.
- Experience with student financial aid procedures.
- Supervisor experience.
- Experience with Millennium FAST or similar dating reporting software
- Experience with OneNote
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with Outlook mail merge functions
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $2,482/month including an excellent benefit package.
|Bargaining Union: A|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU’s Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: |
|Job Posted: 3/20/2013|
|Closing Date: 4/2/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130153|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.