Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: THIS SEARCH HAS BEEN EXTENDED. The Office of Admissions is looking for a professional colleague to join our team in identifying, inspiring and enrolling promising scholars and future leaders. Each Admissions Counselor manages outreach and recruitment efforts for a specified geographic territory while contributing to the development and implementation of a comprehensive and data-driven undergraduate recruitment plan. |
|About the College/Department: Admissions
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Communicating the values of Western Washington University and the benefits of higher education to a wide range of prospective students, parents, college counselors, community groups, etc.
- Extensive public speaking engagements, including significant overnight travel to regional high schools, community colleges, community organizations, etc.
- Development of recruitment initiatives that build the pipeline of prospective students as well as convert interested students to applicants and applicants to enrolling students
- Participation in all aspects of recruitment and admissions in a fast-paced work environment, including a proactive and detailed approach to learning about Western, application and scholarship decision-making and follow-up, program-planning, and related duties as assigned
- Providing support for talented, nonresident, and transfer student recruitment; multicultural outreach; early outreach; and/or selected recruitment by academic interest
- Management of an assigned territory through evaluation and recommendations of recruiting methods
- Program planning and oversight
- Liaison work w/ assigned colleges on Western’s campus
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s degree (must be completed by start of employment)
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include professional and motivational communication, public speaking, relationship building, and social networking
- Demonstrated success in motivating others to action
- Effective written communication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail, and meet program objectives
- Experience working with diverse groups of people in a variety of settings
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Proven ability to engage and inspire the 16 – 22 year old prospective student market
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: This is a full-time, 12-month administrative FLSA exempt position with an excellent benefits package, including over 4 weeks of vacation. Salary commensurate with experience and typically begins at $36,500.
|Bargaining Union: Not applicable|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Applications must be submitted electronically to the HR website. A complete application packet includes the following: |
1) Cover letter addressing your experience related to the position responsibilities and required qualifications as well as explaining your interest in this position
3) A one-page response to the following prompt: Describe one experience where you successfully engaged and inspired an audience as well as how you measured your effectiveness
4) Provide one letter of recommendation along with contact information for three references
This position has an anticipated start date of June 2013.
|Other Information: If you have questions about the application process please contact Shawn Flaherty, Admissions Search Coordinator at Shawn.Flaherty@wwu.edu or (360) 650-7655. |
Learn more about Western Washington University and the Office of Admissions. Please review the Conditions of Employment.
|Job Posted: 3/15/2013|
|Closing Date: 5/7/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130155|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.