Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The PC Distributor ensures the timely dissemination of Associated Students promotional materials which may include posters, fliers, table tents, the AS Review, etc. |
Term of Position: Position begins after a qualified student is interviewed, selected and submits their employment paper work to the AS Personnel Office. The term of position will generally begin at the start of Fall quarter and end the Friday of finals week the following Spring quarter. Position holder is required to attend any trainings or orientations as required by the office coordinators or Director. Position may begin later in the year. The position requires an average of ten (10) to fifteen (15) hours per week, and no more than sixty (60) hours per month.
|About the College/Department: The AS Publicity Center (PC) provides promotional services such as graphic design, printing, media coordination, internet facilitation, distribution, photography, and AS Review coverage to students, student organizations, and some campus departments.|
Reportage: This position reports directly to the Publicity Center Distribution Coordinator.
|Position Responsibilities: |
AS Employment Responsibilities:
- Disseminate AS publicity materials as directed by the Distribution Coordinator. This may include:
- Posting of posters at on- and off-campus locations
- Hanging of banners
- Distribution of the AS Review, calendars, table tents, etc.
- Delivery of publicity information to appropriate locations such as University Mail Services, Residence Life Office, etc.
- Maintain posting tools in good working order.
- Keep accurate track of work hours on office timesheets and submits them on time.
- Attend staff meetings and training as requested by the Distribution Department Coordinator and required by the Publicity Center Coordinator.
- Generate ideas for improving and furthering the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with your direct supervisor to complete the hourly evaluation process as outlined by the Personnel Director.
- Serve the membership of the Associated Students in a professional and ethical manner by:
- Being familiar with and upholding the AS Charter, all WWU policies, and all AS policies including the Employment Policy, Code of Conduct, and Program Standards.
- Being knowledgeable of the AS organization and its general operations.
- Ensure the continuity and legacy of this position by:
- Working with supervisor and Personnel Director to revise and update position job description
|Required Qualifications: |
- Maintain a minimum credit load throughout term of position of 6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
- Ability to complete the entire term of the position.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Knowledge of the campus and Bellingham community, including appropriate locations for placement or posting of promotional materials.
- Ability to access campus and community distribution locations.
- Currently have, or ability to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Comfortable with using a ladder to access high spaces.
|Academic Emphasis: All majors encouraged to apply.
|Job Location: Western Washington University - Viking Union 411
|Salary: This position receives $9.19 per hour.
|Bargaining Union: Not applicable|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: |
Please log in below and submit your application via Western's Electronic System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In your cover letter please also specifically address the following questions:
You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application. Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of two professional references.
- Why are you interested in working for the Associated Students?
- Why are you interested in working in this position?
- What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this position?
- What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
|Other Information: N/A
|Job Posted: 4/1/2013|
|Closing Date: 5/13/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130162|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.