Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The WWU Counseling Center is seeking to fill a permanent, full-time, 10 to 11 month Psychologist position for the coming academic year. Employment is projected to begin September 3, 2013
|About the College/Department: Counseling Center |
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Provide clinical assessments with triage-based disposition and referral.
- Provide individual counseling for students within a brief and focused counseling model. (Average of 3-4 sessions)
- Assist students in finding off-campus professionals for referral when it best meets the students’ needs.
- Provide clinical supervision for masters and doctoral trainees in an APPIC affiliated training program.
- Provide coordinated services for clients between the Counseling Center, Alcohol and Drug Consultation and Assessment Services (ADCAS), Crime and Sexual Assault Support Services (CASAS), the Student Health Center medical staff, Disability Resources, Residence Life, and various off-campus services.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate with trainees counseling groups, workshops, and psycho-educational outreach.
- Provide at least 3 hours per week of scheduled urgent appointments for students in crisis.
- Serve in the regular after-hours on-call counselor rotation. The counselor will be expected to serve during times the university is in session and take a portion of on-call during breaks. The on-call counselor must be available and able to respond immediately to phone calls and to be on-site within 45 minutes. If a large-scale crisis occurs, the counselor will be expected to be part of a team of responders which could be after-hours, on weekends, or at other times outside the work day.
- Participate in the weekly staff meeting, medical consultation meeting, peer consultation group, and other departmental and division meetings and events.
- Other duties may include involvement in the Counseling Center’s participation in the national College Student Mental Health consortium and outcome research within the Center and/or work with CHWR’s program on resiliency and emotional well-being.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Ph.D./Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Eligible to supervise pre-doctoral interns (held a valid license as a psychologist for at least the past 2 years). Eligible for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Washington and become licensed in Washington within 6 months of start date.
- Experience providing risk assessment and crisis response.
- Experience facilitating counseling groups.
- Experience working as a part of a collaborative team-based approach to clinical services in a fast-paced work setting.
- Demonstrated competency working with multicultural, LGBT, and other diverse populations.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience supervising masters or doctoral trainees.
- Two academic years’ experience working in a college or university Counseling Center (pre-doctoral internship and practicum can be included).
- Experience providing outreach and consultation.
- Clinical and outreach experience that includes working with one or more of the numerous populations on our diverse campus, including (but not exclusively): military veterans, students having ADHD and/or an autism spectrum diagnosis, trauma survivors, and students with a diverse range of cultural identities.
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
|Bargaining Union: |
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Applicants should submit their application materials via Western’s online application: http://www.acadweb.wwu.edu/hr/employment/AppInst.shtml |
All applicants must submit the following : (1) a letter of application specifically addressing the listed job qualifications, (2) a current resume, and (3) three letters of reference (2 references must speak in some detail about the applicant’s clinical skills and expertise).
Application review begins May 6, 2013; position is open until filled.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWU Employment on Twitter.
|Job Posted: 3/21/2013|
|Closing Date Notes: Application review begins May 6, 2013; position is open until filled|
|Recruitment #: 130163|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.