Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The College of Fine and Performing Arts invites applications for a .75 time, year-round classified staff position reporting directly to the Manager of Marketing and Special Events. |
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: The College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) is comprised of the departments of Theatre and Dance, Music, and Art as well as the Western Gallery and the Outdoor Sculpture Collection. Housed in six buildings, the CFPA features five performance spaces – including a Performing Arts Center overlooking Bellingham Bay – the Western Gallery, two student operated galleries, and an internationally acclaimed outdoor sculpture collection.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Design layouts and assist with creating content for print and electronic communication, including websites, which maintain a consistent marketing message for the College and departments
- Support the departments and programs through creating advertisements, posters, email marketing and programs for their events
- Proactively monitor and update websites on the departmental and College level to ensure accurate and timely information, as well as creative and engaging content; develop content for websites when necessary
- Design and produce special graphic projects such as publications, brochures, posters, signs, web-based materials, educational information, logos, advertisements, maps, videos, slideshows and other illustrative materials
- Assist in developing comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for special events associated with the CFPA, including the annual Masked Ball fundraiser and alumni events through the Back2Bellingham weekend
- Ensure compliance with design standards, logo usage and University branding requirements
- Assist with the coordination of a variety of writing, editing, and publicity functions for College events, including press releases, newspaper, radio/television advertising copy, program notes, and narrative portions of brochures and flyers; serve as liaison between the College, departments and programs and Office of University Communications to assist with coordination and distribution of publicity materials
- Accomplish typographic compositions, conversions and manipulations of photographs and illustrations; produce and edit multimedia content
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years of equivalent employment experience
- Experience in designing high-quality imagery for web and print using Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the printing process, including pre-flight packaging and press checks
- Proven success working on tight deadlines to design and distribute comprehensive marketing and communication materials
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to accuracy and detail while managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse range of clients
- Experience developing and producing multimedia-marketing pieces, including video, audio and interactive content
- Experience with photography and image manipulation software
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience working within an arts organization
- Experience working within a higher education setting
- Experience creating marketing materials for the arts
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
New hires typically begin at $2,297/month including an excellent benefit package.
|Bargaining Union: PTE|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter addressing the position responsibilities and qualifications, resume, contact information for three professional references and a representative portfolio including the following examples: 3 pieces highlighting design for print, 3 pieces showcasing web content and design, and one example use of multimedia in a marketing context is required. You may cut and paste or upload your materials as noted on the EASE application.
|Other Information: |
|Job Posted: 3/27/2013|
|Closing Date: 4/12/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130169|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.