Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: As part of the HR Services team, the Human Resources Assistant performs specialized technical and clerical tasks, including job and benefit data entry into the human resources information system and external systems; ensures accurate and timely completion of electronic and paper forms; and resolves problems within established guidelines. Responsibilities also include compiling and analyzing data and preparing reports, correspondence and spreadsheets; and planning/scheduling meetings, seminars and annual events in support of the Human Resources department. |
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: Human Resources
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Enters job, employee and benefit data into Western’s human resource information system and external recordkeeping systems; ensures accuracy of records and documents or calculates adjustments
- Analyzes, summarizes data and prepares reports using applications such as HRIS, data warehouse and/or Excel Interprets, explains and applies human resource and benefit rules, policies, regulations or procedures
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy and completeness of human resource forms such as personnel action, student employment and benefits enrollment forms
- Responds to inquiries and resolves problems within established guidelines utilizing sound judgment to consult or refer issues to other HR staff as appropriate
- Troubleshoots system and/or reporting issues including identifying potential problems, submitting system request forms, and working with appropriate team members to resolve
- Coordinates various HR programs, which may include volunteer tracking, performance management, temporary employee tracking, campus directory, etc.
- Conducts training and/or orientation in human resource rules, policies and procedures
- Focuses on continuous improvement within areas of responsibility to ensure processes are efficient and effective; ensures position duty documentation is current
- Schedules meetings, seminars and annual HR events
- Other duties and projects as assigned
|Required Qualifications: |
- 4 years of office experience including 2 years in a human resource or related setting OR equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing and entering large volumes of work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations for personnel actions and payroll adjustments
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, subject to frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Organized and detail oriented with good follow-through practices
- Strong customer service skills, including demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated ability utilizing technology to work efficiently, including intermediate working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to deal with HR matters in confidential, discretionary and professional manner
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Hands-on experience with human resource information systems
- Working knowledge of Banner HR
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $2,724/month including an excellent benefit package.
|Bargaining Union: A|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application.|
Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWU Employment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 4/12/2013|
|Closing Date: 4/22/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130179|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.