Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: This is a 3/4 to full-time temporary position through August 2013; can be extended through September 2013. Work independently with limited supervision to facilitate the planning, coordination and implementation of support services for a wide variety of programs and events on- and off-campus. |
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement at 350 hours of employment.
|About the College/Department: Extended Education
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective and new clients
- Coordinate with service providers to secure the delivery of a variety of goods and services based on clients’ needs and contract terms
- Monitor contract requirements to insure services delivered as agreed
- Arrange meeting space, audio visual needs, on-campus housing and food services for participants
- Establish and implement program timelines as necessary to meet the needs of clients and service providers
- Attend meetings with service providers and perform on-site monitoring of conference functions
- On-site duties include but are not limited to: facility set-up, signage set-up, A/V set-up, monitoring food service, event check-in and customer service
- Review and approve payments to service providers
- Coordinate with Extended Education’s Student & Course Services unit on registration services and issues
- Coordinate with Extended Education’s Business Services unit for the initiation of contracts, invoicing, payments and other fiscal and administrative details
- Maintain record of individual program/conference expenses and adjust client requests as contract allows
- Monitor and reconcile individual program/conference operations budgets
- Office duties include but are not limited to: correspondence, document creation, data entry, running reports and other duties as assigned
- Evaluate facilities and services during and after each program/event to determine how they met the client’s needs
- Assist EE staff with development of new programs as needed
|Required Qualifications: |
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year experience coordinating programs/events
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Capable of handling diverse tasks and assignments
- Effective multi-tasking, priority-setting and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly efficient in time management and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Valid Driver's license
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Knowledge and experience in a higher education setting
- Knowledge and experience in event coordination
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Bargaining Union: A|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 4/24/2013|
|Closing Date Notes: Position is open until filled|
|Recruitment #: 130189|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.