Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: Woodring College of Education, Department of Human Services and Rehabilitation is seeking exceptionally qualified faculty at the rank of Instructor in the RN-BSN undergraduate program. Teaching positions are assigned for the quarter (fall, winter, spring and summer) and are temporary and typically part-time, based upon the needs of the Program. Courses may include face to face, online and hybrid instruction; face-to-face classes are primarily offered during the afternoon and/or evening hours.
|About the College/Department: Human Services and Rehabilitation
|Position Responsibilities: The RN-BSN program offers the BSN to working nurses with classes on campus in Bellingham on Wednesdays.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in nursing or health related field
- RN Licensure in Washington State
- Successful teaching experience in higher education
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Basic competency in word processing and communication tools
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Earned doctorate in nursing, public health, human services or related field with at least one graduate degree in nursing (masters or doctorate)
- Experience with nursing career pathways including RN-to-BSN education
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and with community practice partners
- Commitment to the WWU mission and IOM recommendations on the future of nursing
- Experience with instructional technology Experience teaching via distance education (web based instruction)
|Academic Emphasis: The following core nursing courses include: |
Writing across the curriculum
Policy, leadership & U.S. healthcare
Organizational change for patient safety and quality care
Population-based care for vulnerable populations
Global health inequities and intervention
Interdisciplinary care coordination
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
|Bargaining Union: United Faculty of Western Washington|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: |
Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to utilize our online application system.
You will be asked to submit:
- Scanned unofficial academic transcript showing highest degree
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of three references (no reference letters)
- Cover letter addressing the required qualifications and the specific courses you are qualified to teach are required
You may cut and paste or upload your materials as noted on the EASE application. Applications that do not include all requested materials above will not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to update their application no later than April 1st of each year in order to assure consideration based upon their most recent experience and qualifications.
Nursing Program Vacancy Pool
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 4/25/2013|
|Closing Date Notes: Open continously|
|Recruitment #: 130191|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.