Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The Fiscal Analyst 2 produces the semi-monthly payroll, performs payroll adjustments as needed and completes the reconciliation and payments to the Washington State Health Care Authority, the Department of Retirement Systems, the University Retirement Plan vendors and Federal tax reporting by required deadlines. |
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: Human Resources
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Exercise independent judgment in applying a variety of Western policies and state and federal regulations
- Perform complex reconciliation processes to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Maintain knowledge of current reporting requirements and propose programming changes to ensure reporting accuracy and efficiency
- Perform semi-monthly payroll processes; monitor to ensure it has run to completion and reconcile
- Perform payroll adjustment process for authorized requests including identifying required leave and deduction adjustments
- Perform complex audit and reconciliation functions to ensure accuracy of data files and payments to State Health Care Authority, the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) and the University Retirement Plan vendors
- Understand the different reporting requirements and compliance regulations of each of these systems
- Maintain the accuracy of the sub-system for deductions, including DRS transmittal edit messages and corresponding Western and DRS external adjustments
- Reconcile and ensure payments for federal tax reporting by required deadlines
- Perform accounting functions; reconcile liability accounts for health, retirement and tax deductions and submit to supervisor and Accounting Services for review
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, computer science, economics or closely related field, which includes 18 quarter hours or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or budgeting; professional experience may be substituted for education
- Competency using Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated and technical issues effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use diplomacy, discretion and good judgment in dealing with campus constituents, co-workers and community
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- 1 year of experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with Banner SunGard payroll processes
- Detail oriented and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Payroll experience
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $2920/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: D|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 5/2/2013|
|Closing Date: 5/9/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130202|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.