Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: This is a full-time, 12-month position. The Administrative Services Manager A acts as the principal assistant to the Department Chair, and is critical to the success of the Department. The position is responsible for the daily operation and management of the department, provides critical budget management of the operating, self-sustaining, foundation and DRAC accounts, supervises two classified staff and student employees, and provides students, faculty, staff and community members with a variety of services. |
This position is part of the Public School Employees of WWU Bargaining Unit D. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: Music
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Advise the Chair on matters affecting general department operations
- Develop and implement procedures to effect new and/or revised program activities, or functions in conformance with departmental, university, and/or state and federal policy
- Advise students, staff, and parents on academic and general policy
- Handle administrative matters that impact faculty and students
- Prepare the annual financial forecast for the department
- Monitor and maintain multiple departmental budgets
- Review and reconcile travel authorizations and payments
- Prepare budget forecast reports
- Prepare other reports upon request
- Acquire bids for, submit and monitor departmental purchases
- Audit and approve miscellaneous expenditures
- Resolve budgetary concerns and/or take corrective action
- Represent department at DRAC and other institutional meetings; take meeting minutes, as needed, and prepare reports for committee review
- Maintain Chair’s calendar and other calendars required for scheduling departmental activities
- Coordinate and process contracts and payroll appointment forms, including those for non-tenure track faculty and visiting artists
- Supervise two classified staff and student employees
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related full-time administrative experience and one year supervisory experience over lower level permanent staff or 5 years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisory experience may substitute for educational requirements
- Proficiency with the following:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Outlook or other electronic calendaring system
- Web browser (Explorer, Firefox or Chrome)
- Expertise with database systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in maintaining, monitoring and reconciling multiple budgets
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure while managing time effectively and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Proficiency in Banner and Millenium
- Experience in an educational setting
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $3063/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: D|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 6/24/2013|
|Closing Date: 7/8/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130320|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.