Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The Administrative Services Manager A is responsible to the Department Chair for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating and controlling all administrative services for the department while exercising independent judgment and decision-making authority. |
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: Computer Science
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Independently manage the administrative services for the department including developing and implementing department program policies and procedures
- Interpret and explain policies, including those of the university and the department to students, faculty, staff and the general public
- Liaison for department chair attending meetings and serving as search coordinator
- Project, plan, audit and analyze department budget and fund expenditures
- Provide reimbursement for travel expenditures
- Maintain and create files and reports for tracking all departmental,, scholarship, and student activities
- Insure faculty contracts are complete and correct; registration and class scheduling deadlines are met
- Maintain student proximity card access to labs
- Purchase supplies
- Room assignments
- Provide counsel to the chair on matters that impact office operations and budget
- Administrative control over all departmental budgets
- Prepare and review budget requests, provide counsel and information, review and approve income/expenses
- Audit expenditures, requisitions, vouchers, payroll and personnel changes for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitor faculty grants
- Administer operating funds, lab fee funds, foundation funds, equipment funds, dean’s support funds, High Demand Enrollment funds, Internet Studies Center funds and capital budgets (new facility funds)
- Establish work priorities and supervise the activities of three staff members and student employees
- Catalog submission, review and approval
- Troubleshoot registration and input of all courses in Banner
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s Degree plus one year of related full-time administrative and/or supervisory experience or 5 years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency in performing duties related to office administration and budget assignments
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain a friendly, cooperative and professional work environment with a wide variety of staff, faculty, students and community members
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience with Banner and/or Millennium
- Familiarity with database systems, including development and maintenance of databases
- Experience in an educational setting
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $3063/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: D|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 7/22/2013|
|Closing Date: 7/29/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130368|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.