Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The College of Fine and Performing Arts invites applications for a full time, year-round classified staff position reporting directly to the Manager of Marketing and Special Events. |
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: The College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) is comprised of the departments of Theatre and Dance, Music, Design, and Art as well as the Western Gallery and the Outdoor Sculpture Collection. Housed in six buildings, the CFPA features five performance spaces – including a Performing Arts Center overlooking Bellingham Bay – the Western Gallery, the PAC galleries, two student-operated galleries, and an internationally acclaimed outdoor sculpture collection.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Design layouts and assist with creating content for print and electronic communication, including websites, which maintain a consistent marketing message for CFPA and departments
- Design and produce special graphic projects such as publications, brochures, posters, signs, web-based materials, educational information, logos, advertisements, maps, videos, slideshows and other illustrative materials, and other marketing and materials
- Proactively monitor and update websites to ensure accurate and timely information with creative and engaging content; develop content for websites when necessary
- Assist in developing comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for special events associated with the CFPA, including the annual Masked Ball fundraiser and alumni events through the Back2Bellingham weekend
- Ensure compliance with design standards, logo usage and University branding requirements
- Assist with the coordination of a variety of writing, editing, and publicity functions, including press releases, newspaper, radio/television advertising copy, program notes, and narrative portions of brochures and flyers; serve as liaison between the College, departments, and Office of University Communications to assist with coordination and distribution of publicity materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Required Qualifications: |
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all required qualifications and please specifically address them in your cover letter/resume:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 3 years of equivalent employment experience
- Professional design experience
- Experience in designing high-quality imagery for web and print using Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the printing process, including pre-flight packaging and press checks
- Experience creating content and design for websites
- Proven success working on tight deadlines to design and distribute comprehensive marketing and communication materials
- Excellent spelling, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to accuracy and detail while managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience developing and producing multimedia-marketing pieces, including video, audio and interactive content
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience working within an arts organization
- Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience
- Experience creating marketing materials for the arts
- Knowledge of Drupal
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $3063/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: PTE|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
Please submit a cover letter specifically addressing the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references. In addition, in order for the search committee to view your professional work, you must provide a link to your web site, or submit a PDF that includes 12-15 examples of your original work to show your creative design and marketing work, preferably in the arts area. A representative portfolio must include examples highlighting design for print, and web content and design. You may cut and paste or upload your materials as noted on the EASE application.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 7/25/2013|
|Closing Date: 8/8/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130378|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.