Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: |
Position begins after a qualified work study student is interviewed, selected and submits their employment paper work to the AS Personnel Office. The term of position will generally begin at the start of Fall quarter and end the Friday of finals week the following Spring quarter, or when the work-study award is depleted. Position holder is required to attend any trainings or orientations as required by the office coordinators or Director. Position may begin later in the year.
|About the College/Department: |
The purpose of AS Productions is to provide a comprehensive program of student activities and events for the campus and Bellingham Community. AS Productions presents film series, concerts, lectures, art gallery exhibitions, theater/dance performances, and other entertainment, educational and cultural events.
AS Production Runner Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the AS Production Runner is to assist ASP Coordinators during the day of show
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Ability to work late hours including weekends.
- Be available day of show to run miscellaneous errands for ASP Coordinators.
as a driver to pick up and drop off performers and equipment/supplies.
- Assist in the set up and take down of equipment when necessary.
- Assist in keeping track of estimated attendance.
- Serve as a cashier for merchandise sale.
- Serve as a presenter for ASP Films during film showings.
- Serve as a presenter/MC for Underground Coffeehouse Open Mic Nights.
- Serve as an Usher for ASP Programming when necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned by ASP Director.
Serve the membership of the Associated Students in a professional and ethical manner by:
AS Productions Responsibilities
- Being familiar with and upholding the AS Charter, all WWU policies, and all AS policies including the Employment Policy, Code of Conduct, and Program Standards.
- Attending AS staff development events as assigned.
- Being knowledgeable of the AS organization and its general operations.
- Actively participate as an ASP Team Member.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled by ASP Director to coordinate weekly schedule and tasks.
- Be informed about upcoming ASP events.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Must maintain a minimum of 6 credits for undergraduates, and 4 credits for graduates during employment.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
- Must maintain all work study financial aid minimum requirements.
- Must upload a copy of your work study award.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Effective interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to lift moderate weight (20 – 30 lbs.) and to setup backstage and hospitality areas.
- Effective time management skills.
The AS Productions Runner reports to the AS Productions Director; however, various tasks may be assigned by any Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator within the AS Productions office, with approval by the ASP Director.
|Academic Emphasis: |
All majors encouraged to apply.
|Job Location: |
Western Washington University-VU 422
Level II ($9.19/hour)
The position holder will receive a financial award as directed by the work study award letter. The weekly hours and work will be determined by the amount awarded, the need of the office and the direction of the supervisor.
|Bargaining Union: Not applicable|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications.
In your cover letter please also specifically address the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working for the Associated Students?
2. Why are you interested in working in this position?
3. What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this position?
4. What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application. Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of two professional references.
Please upload a copy of your work study award.
|Other Information: |
|Job Posted: 9/21/2013|
|Closing Date: 10/18/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130446|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.