Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The Program Coordinator position is distinguished by a high degree of responsibility and independence within general guidelines in coordination of the operation of the Department of Engineering Technology. The position will play a key role in the Department’s transition from ABET Engineering Technology to Engineering programs. |
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: The Engineering Technology department includes programs in Electronics Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Plastics Engineering Technology, Industrial Design, and Vehicle Design. There are twelve full-time faculty, six technical staff, and 530+ undergraduate majors. The department is currently developing plans to transition the three engineering technology programs to engineering. Detailed information is available for the Engineering Technology program at http://www.etec.wwu.edu.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Coordinate department accreditation process and records
- Departmental academic advising
- Coordinate departmental curriculum process and forms
- Perform internal and external outreach including – on-campus events such as SummerStart and Transitions, external outreach for high schools, community colleges, and industry
- Create and publish program materials such as brochures, newsletters, and cards
- Maintain departmental website, departmental calendar, and social media
- Generate high-quality work with careful attention to detail
- Primary departmental office reception
- Coordinate program admissions process and records
- Assist with organization of special events, coordinating with University-wide services
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures for the department
- Other duties as required
|Required Qualifications: |
- Two years recent relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a wide variety of computing applications and environments such as the University student database and e-forms, Microsoft Office, the Adobe Suite, and managing shared resources under the Windows file system
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of venues
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask, manage time well, and work effectively and flexibly under multiple deadlines in a busy office
- Ability to maintain a calm, cooperative and friendly work environment with a diverse population of staff, faculty, students and community members
- Demonstrated ability to design, compose, edit and proofread brochures and newsletters for print and web
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and preparing grant applications and renewals
- Demonstrated experience integrating new technology (i.e. social media and web-based platforms) into expanding communication venues
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $2482/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: A|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 11/19/2013|
|Closing Date: 12/3/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130547|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.