Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The principal purpose of the Fiscal Technician 2 is to support the FM Work Control Center with the following general services: clerical, data entry, data retrieval, reports, and time card record keeping. This position interfaces with several proprietary software programs including Breeze Custodial Solutions, FAMIS, and Banner. Included in responsibilities are time card record keeping, overtime scheduling, cleaning inspection setup and entries, key record keeping, equipment inventory, purchasing tracking, just-in-time supply coordination, higher-level duties processing, and custodial services work order assistance. |
Western Washington University’s Facilities Management department is committed to the University’s strategic goal of recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, and welcomes diverse applicants.
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
Hours: Normal scheduled work period is 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Hours and shift times may be changed at any time with proper notice per the bargaining unit agreement.
|About the College/Department: Facilities Management
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Assist the FM Work Control Center with clerical assignments directed by the Fiscal Specialist Supervisor
- Provide backup service to the Fiscal Specialist Supervisor and Fiscal Technician Lead as directed
- Assist in the maintenance of the Breeze Custodial Solutions Data Base documenting custodial task assignments, workload and inspections; update database changes as they occur
- Update working assignments
- Coordinate handheld computers for inspection
- Enter work assignment schedules and reconcile with FAMIS positive time summary reports
- Maintain the inventory of items such as floor coverings, sinks, toilets, trash containers and urinals
- Track and report leave and vacation schedule
- Notify leadership daily of staff absenteeism
- Process approved key requests and maintain key logs and inventories
- Assist in FAMIS Work Order coordination by monitoring FAMIS work orders; coordinate with supervisors overtime staffing availability and document assignment distribution
- Receive and process service requests
- Use campus reporting tools to retrieve FAMIS time card data and publish reports for the Academic Custodial Manager and the Department Supervisor
- Assist in maintaining equipment inventory and equipment replacement priority list
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet, and database tasks such as merging, sorting, and integrating text, graphics, and data
- Assist in maintaining department contact information during normal business hours
- Assist in maintaining emergency call out contact list for after normal business hours services
- Assist in the department web page updates
- Assist in processing inventory and misc. materials usage
- Work independently and under general supervision
- Process supply orders
- Assist in maintaining compliance with University and Facilities Management policies and procedures
- Perform detailed tasks accurately and consistently
- Work with diverse groups
- Physically perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation to include, but not be limited to:
- Standing/walking including in all-weather conditions to other offices (0 – 25% of the time)
- Sitting at computer or sitting at workstation (constantly to 75% of the time)
- Lifting/carrying (0-40lbs – seldom to 10% of the time)
- Answer phones and route calls via dispatch system
- Assist when requested on supply runs to local vendors for parts and equipment
|Required Qualifications: |
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of fiscal and clerical related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, which includes memo and letter preparation
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, which includes workbook creation, basic math formulas and charts/graphs
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Outlook, which includes email, meeting scheduling, and archiving email
- Demonstrated experience with a complex specialized database system or systems
- Experience ordering supplies and completing purchase orders
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one prior to employment
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience working with a custodial database system
- 6 months experience working in a Facilities Maintenance or Property Management setting which includes use of a computerized work order system
- Experience working for a custodial department or in a commercial cleaning environment
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in OSHA, state and federal employment regulations
- Experience working in a diverse workforce including communication with all levels of staff
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $2212/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: A|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 11/18/2013|
|Closing Date: 11/25/2013|
|Recruitment #: 130872|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.