Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: |
The Budget Analyst 2 works directly with the Budget Director to maintain, support, and enhance all functions and processes related to the University's operating budget.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
|About the College/Department: With organizational reportage to the Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs, the Budget Office has primary responsibility for the planning, development, implementation, and administration of Western Washington University's operating budget. For more information about the Budget Office, please visit our website at http://www.wwu.edu/upb/.
|Position Responsibilities: |
Under general supervision, this position:
- Assists in the annual allocation process; preparation of departmental worksheets; analyzes adjustments; updates the Banner Human Resources Position Control and Banner Finance modules; and prepares technical reports
- Assists with budget forecasting models
- Assists with reconciling and tracking the status of budgeted funds
- Assists in analyzing and preparing budget transactions for step increments and salary increases
- Maintains a complex computerized fees and rates system; analyzes and provides updates to the system; and prepares the annual publication
- Maintains recordkeeping for the institutional payments; prepares purchase orders; prepares invoices for payment; complies with audit requirements; provides historical analysis
- Maintains departmental website
- Assists with financial notes during legislative sessions
Responsible for maintaining an in depth knowledge of Banner Budget Development, Banner Human Resources Position Control, and Banner Finance; maintains working knowledge of underlying tables; provides assistance in report design; troubleshoots and resolves errors; assists the testing and troubleshooting of upgrades to Banner modules
- Provides general support to office staff.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s Degree with major study in accounting, business administration or related field
- Demonstrated experience working with database, spreadsheet, graphics and word processing software packages is required
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and function as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively with different campus populations on highly sensitive issues related to budgetary and position control processes
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Experience in higher education or public budgeting is strongly preferred
- Experience in writing SQL script
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham ,WA
|Salary: New hires typically begin at $3377/month including an excellent benefits package
|Bargaining Union: PTE|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system. |
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 11/21/2013|
|Closing Date: 12/13/2013|
|Recruitment #: 131055|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.