Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The Manager of Special Projects is a full time, permanent 12-month administrative professional position overseeing project management activities for Extended Education. Under general supervision, this position has overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of projects related to EE programs. The position reports to the Director of Summer Programs and Director of Degree and Professional Programs.
|About the College/Department: Extended Education connects learners of all ages to the Western Experience. Extended Education collaborates with colleges, departments and the community, linking university resources with educational needs and opportunities both on and off campus. Extended Education strives to further Western’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity, and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Develop and gain approval for project plan(s)
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders
- Monitor and manage projects
- Ensure deliverables align with project goals and strategy
- Ensure projects meet requirements and objectives
- Negotiate and resolve issues as they arise, in consultation with director(s)
- Report on project progress and other project specific information to keep director(s) and stakeholders apprised of progress
- Maintain project documentation and collect metrics data when/where appropriate (tracking information into readable/useful format)
- Analyze, revise, create and implement holistic systems in cooperation with other EE staff to improve efficiency of project management process
|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent professional experience may substitute for degree
- Five years of full or part-time work experience in higher education
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in successful project management
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage goals independently
- Proven ability to effectively balance competing priorities and manage several projects simultaneously in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and database software
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Advanced degree or credentials (e.g. Master’s degree, PMP certification, etc.)
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and perseverance
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Banner
|Academic Emphasis: N/A
|Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
$43,000 - $45,000
|Bargaining Union: Not applicable|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Applications must be submitted via WWU’s Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE) at www.wwu.edu/jobs. Please include a cover letter specifically addressing your experience related to the position responsibilities and required and preferred qualifications, a résumé, and names and contact information for three professional references.
|Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
|Job Posted: 11/19/2013|
|Closing Date: 12/9/2013|
|Recruitment #: 131061|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Providing Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination.
EO/AA inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment Diversity, Title IX Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); EOO.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.