Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The PC Distributor ensures the timely dissemination of Associated Students promotional materials which may include posters, fliers, table tents, the AS Review, etc.
|About the College/Department: The AS Publicity Center (PC) provides promotional services such as graphic design, printing, media coordination, internet facilitation, distribution, photography, and AS Review coverage to students, student organizations, and some campus departments. The PC Distributor ensures the timely dissemination of Associated Students promotional materials which may include posters, fliers, table tents, the AS Review, etc. |
Terms of Posititon
Position starts Fall Quarter 2014 and ends at the end of Spring Quarter of 2015.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Disseminate AS publicity materials as directed by the Distribution Coordinator.This may include:
- Posting of posters at on-and off-campus locations
- Hanging of banners
- Distribution of the AS Review, calendars, table tents, etc.
- Delivery of publicity information to appropriate locations such as University Mail Services, Residence Life Office, etc.
- Maintain posting tools in good working order.
- Keep accurate track of work hours on office time sheets and submits them on time.
- Attend staff meetings and training as requested by the Distribution Department Coordinator and required by the Publicity Center Coordinator.
- Generate ideas for improving and furthering the position.
- Perform otherdutiesas assigned. Workwithyourdirectsupervisortocomplete the hourly evaluationprocessas outlinedby the PersonnelDirector.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Must maintain a minimum of 10 credits for undergraduates and 8 credits for graduates.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average. Must be available for all AS orientations and trainings.
- Must be able to up hold all AS responsibilities.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Knowledge of the campus and Bellingham community, including appropriate locations for placement or posting of promotional materials.
- Ability to access campus and community distribution locations.
- Currently have,or ability to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Comfortable with using a ladder to access high spaces
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: |
|Salary: $9.32 per hour
|Bargaining Union: Not applicable|
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please review the entire job description at as.wwu.edu/staff/jobdesc and then come back to this page to apply for the position. |
Please log in below and submit your application via Western's Electronic System for Employment (EASE).
Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In your cover letter please also specifically address the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working for the Associated Students?
2. Why are you interested in working in this position?
3. What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this position?
4. What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application. Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of two professional references.
|Other Information: |
|Job Posted: 10/28/2014|
|Closing Date: 11/11/2014|
|Recruitment #: 140294|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.