Welcome to the Western Washington University on-line application process. Before you begin, please print out the job announcement; you may need to refer to it while completing the application. |
|About the Position: The AS Publicity Center (PC) provides promotional services such as graphic design, printing, media coordination, internet facilitation, distribution, photography, and AS Review coverage to students, student organizations, and some campus departments. The PC Graphic Designer is responsible for timely design of promotional materials for clients of the Publicity Center. |
Term of Position:
Regular academic year: Beginning Fall Quarter to the end of Spring Quarter
|About the College/Department: The AS Publicity Center (PC) provides promotional services such as graphic design, printing, media coordination, internet facilitation, distribution, photography, and AS Review cover age to students, student organizations, and some campus departments. The PC Distributor ensures the timely dissemination of Associated Students promotional materials which may include posters, fliers, table tents, the AS Review, etc.
|Position Responsibilities: |
- Design and prepare electronic and print promotional campaign materials, which may include posters, newspaper advertisements, table tents, tickets, banners, handbills, logo design etc.
- Attend staff meetings and training as requested by the Graphic Design Coordinator and required by the Publicity Center Coordinator.
- Generate ideas for improving and furthering the position.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work with your direct supervisor to complete the hourly evaluation process as outlined by the Personnel Director.
- Keep accurate track of work hours on office timesheets and submits them on time.
|Required Qualifications: |
- Must maintain a minimum of 6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates during employment.
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00.
|Preferred Qualifications: |
- Working knowledge of and interest in publicity, communications, graphic reproduction and advertising.
- Experience in the design and layout of posters, table tents, banners, logos, etc.
- Knowledge of PC based computer-generated graphics.
- Organizational and time management and client communication skills.
|Academic Emphasis: |
|Job Location: |
|Salary: 9.32 per hour
|Bargaining Union: |
|Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please review the entire job description at as.wwu.edu/staff/jobdesc and then come back to this page to apply for the position. |
Please log in below and submit your application via Western's Electronic System for Employment (EASE).
Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. In your cover letter please also specifically address the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working for the Associated Students?
2. Why are you interested in working in this position?
3. What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this position?
4. What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application. Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of two professional references.
|Other Information: |
|Job Posted: 4/2/2014|
|Closing Date: 4/16/2014|
|Recruitment #: 140295|
|Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to
fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. See WWU's Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and
Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main
345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org|
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).
All new employees must comply with the immunization policy and show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU. A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.